Xiaomi is a Chinees smartphone brand which is now become 3rd largest smartphone manufacturer company in the world after Samsung and Apple. Xiaomi popularly know as Apple of China. India is now becoming a big business hub for Xiami and people are liking its feature pack smartphone in low budget. The success behind the Xiaomi is its superb build quality, look, a great specification and the price. Xiaomi is offering high end features in a low budget, which is another reason why Xiaomi is growing rapidly in India.
Xiaomi has already launched some great smartphone like Redmi 1S, Redmi note, Redmi Note 4G, Mi3 and many more. Recently Xiaomi Xiaomi launched its flagship model Xiaomi mi4 in India. This phone was launched in July last year and recently launched in India. This smartphone is priced Rs.19, 999 (16GB variants) with some really cool features like 5.0 inches (441 ppi) display, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system, 2.5GHz quad core processor, 3GB of RAM, 13Mp rare and 8MP front camera and many more. This phone is now available through FlipKart flash sale and a little tough to book one. Root New Xiaomi Redmi 2
But however if you bought this phone and want to explore its feature, then I think you should Root your Mi4. After Rooting, you will get the admin access to your phone and then can do everything with your phone. So if you want to root your new Xiaomi mi4 then you are at right place. Here I am going to show you a step by step guide to root and unroot Xiaomi mi4.
Another best thing about Xiaomi is it loves the open nature of Android. Thus is allows you to root your phone without the afraid of loosing warranty. Yes! You heard it right, your mi4 manufacturer warranty will not void after rooting.
The below are the guide to root and unroot Xiaomi Mi4.
Pre-Requisites to Root Xiaomi Mi4
- Create a manual backup of all your important data. There is no chance of getting data loss, but it makes sure that you can easily restore your data if something wrong happened.
- Your phone should be 80% or more charged, because if your phone shut down during the rooting then your device will be nothing more than a brick.
Steps to Root Xiaomi Mi4
- Download Developer ROM from here. (Download Developer ROM only-the second option in the list)
- Now rename the downloaded ROM to update.zip (Note–Make sure to write all alphabets in small letter. Even Update.zip will also not work)
- Now open Updater app on your Mi4 and then press the menu button.
- From the options, choose “Reboot to Recovery mode” and then press OK.
- Now select your language. (Use volume button to navigate and power button to select)
- Now go to “Wipe and Reset” and then select “Wipe Cache” to remove the cache.
- After removing cache, you will be again on the main menu.
- Now we have to install the developer ROM, to do so, select ‘Install zip to system one’.
- After the installing process completes, select “Reboot” to Restart your Mi4.
- After Reboot, once your phone booted open the Security App> Go to Permission and turn on Root permission.
Must Check–>> Root Nokia X and Install Google Play Store
Congratulation, your Xiaomi Mi4 is now rooted. As you have the root access of your Xiaomi Mi4, now you are free to use your phone in your choice. Install custom recovery or try out some rooted apps. But after rooting if you face any issue or want to unroot your phone for any other reason, then follow the tutorials below. Root Micromax Canvas A109
Must Check–>> How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 1s
How to Unroot Xiaomi Mi4
- First open security app, then go to Permission and then disable Root permission.
- Now download Stock Rom from here. (Select first one from the list)
- Rename the downloaded ROM to update.zip
- Reboot your phone to recovery mode.
- Then remove cache by selecting “wipe and Reset” and then “Wipe Cache”.
- Now install the downloaded ROM by selecting ‘Install zip to system one’.
- Then Reboot your phone and you are successfully Unrooted your phone.
So this was the guide to root Xiaomi Mi4. I hope you guys enjoyed this post and got success to root your phone.
If you have any doubts or came across to any difficulties while rooting then let us know in your comments.
If you find this post helpful then please share this with your friends on your social networks. 🙂