The pictures on our lock screen and homescreen, as well as the wallpapers on our phones, reveal a lot about us. Any time we look at our screens, these are, after all, the things we see the most.
However, if a photo is worth a thousand words, a video can be worth a million, so setting a video clip as your iPhone wallpaper is a perfect way to personalise your device.
Although you can’t use a video as your iPhone’s wallpaper, you can use an animated Live Photo, which is simple to make with the intoLive app.
It’s worth noting, though, that not all iPhones allow you to use Live Photos wallpaper as iphone moving wallpapers. You can set a Live Photo as your wallpaper on an iPhone SE or iPhone XR, but it will not switch.
How to put a live photo as your iPhone wallpaper
- Open the Settings app and scroll down to “Wallpaper” and press it.
- Select “Choose a New Wallpaper” from the drop-down menu.
- Pick the file you just created under “Live Photos.” Ensure that the “Live Photo” choice is selected.
- Pick “Set Lock Screen,” “Set Home Screen,” or “Set All” from the “Set” menu.
Simply press and keep a finger on your phone for about a second to enjoy the latest live picture wallpaper, which will animate to the delight of those who see it.
How to generate a Live photo from a video
- Go to the app store and download the intoLive app; the basic version is free.
- Open the app, grant it access to your photo collection, and then pick the file you want to use from the “VIDEO” tab.
- On the next screen, you can apply a filter, slow down or speed up the video, and edit the duration of the clip using the sliders on either side of the clip. The length of your Live Photo version is up to five seconds.
- In the top right corner of the screen, tap “Make,” then wait for the Live Photo to appear. On the free edition, you will have to close some advertisements.
How do I set a video as my wallpaper?
Making a wallpaper for your phone screen is one of the most effective ways to personalise it and make it stand out from the crowd. When choosing a wallpaper, you can either use one of the default images that came with your phone or check your camera gallery for a picture of your own to truly personalise it.
Video wallpaper, on the other hand, goes a step further by allowing you to relive a crucial moment in all its glory. Video wallpaper not only looks great, but it also doesn’t get old as quickly as a static picture.
A video on your phone’s home screen is worth at least a million words if a photo is worth a thousand. On almost any android, here’s how to set it up.
Both Android phones and iPhones ($899 at Amazon) support video wallpaper, but depending on the model, there are various ways to get it to function. Video wallpaper is built-in on some phones, such as the Samsung Galaxy S10. Other Android phones, like the Google Pixel 3 ($200 on eBay), require the use of a third-party app to display a moving image.
Video wallpaper is essentially a long-form version of a live picture on an iPhone, and it only works with iPhones that support 3D Touch. You must still click and hold the screen, but instead of a three-second clip, you can see something longer.
Samsung phone have wallpapers built in
- Go to your Gallery app and select the video of your choice.
- In the top right corner, press the three vertical dots.
- Next, select Set as wallpaper from the drop-down menu.
- Next, press the Edit button to reduce the length of your video to less than 15 seconds.
- Finally, choose Set as wallpaper from the drop-down menu.
Video wallpaper on a Pixel 3, One plus 7 Pro and more
- Download the Naing Group’s Video Live Wallpaper app from the Google Play Store.
- Once you instal and open the app, you’ll see a screen with all of your video wallpaper’s settings.
- Choose the video you want to use as your wallpaper by clicking on the camera icon in the box.
- To change the size and appearance of the video, click Scale fit.
- Once you’ve finished editing, you can exit the app, and your video will be set as your wallpaper.
iPhone live wallpaper, only longer
Attempting to set a standard video as wallpaper on an iPhone would fail due to iOS’s lack of support.
However, there is a workaround that converts longer videos (over 3 seconds) into live wallpaper. Except for the iPhone XR ($749 at Amazon), this trick only works on iPhones with 3D Touch, which are the iPhone 6S and newer versions. The first step is to use a third-party software that can turn daily videos into live images.
- Go to the App Store and download PicPlayPost.
- Open the app after it has been installed, and then choose New Project.
- Pick Vertical 9:16 ratio from the Create a Movie or Sideshow menu.
- Pick your video and then click Full screen.
- Add audio, effects, transitions, or stickers to personalise your video.
- After selecting your video, press Save & Share.
- Select Live Photo/ Wallpaper and then go to the Settings app on your phone.
- Scroll down and click Wallpaper from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on your new video and choose a new wallpaper.
- Finally, click Live Wallpaper, then OK, and you’re done.
How do you set a video as your background on iPhone?
Mobile phones are one of the most significant aspects of our lives in this technological era. It almost describes a person’s personality and character. Any innovation in the field of mobile customization is warmly welcomed. Setting a video as the wallpaper on one’s phone is a pleasant upgrade that everyone enjoys.
Making improvements to your home screen and lock screen is fun because they are the first things you see when you turn on your computer. As a result, making a video of your iPhone wallpaper would be lovely.
Let’s look at how to make a video your iPhone’s wallpaper.
Part 1: Create a live photo from a video on your phone
To use a video as a wallpaper on the iPhone, we must first convert it to a live wallpaper style. To begin this procedure, you must first generate a live picture from a recording. This can be accomplished in two ways.
Method 1: Using the intuitive app
Step 1: Get the intoLive app from the app store. This app’s basic version is available for download.
Step 2: After launching the app, grant it access to your photo library, then go to the VIDEO tab and pick the video file you want to use.
Step 3: On the next screen, you can make minor edits such as adding a filter, increasing the video’s speed, and adjusting the sliders to change the video’s duration.
Step 4: When you click the make icon at the top of the screen to make a video a live wallpaper iPhone, your live photo on live lock screen is produced.
Method 2: Using Giphy
- As a first move, download Giphy for iOS to transform a video into a photo live wallpaper for your iPhone.
- Create an account to log in (a Facebook account can also be used)
- Open the app and tap the top-right upload arrow.
- You can either record a video at that time or upload a photo from your camera roll.
- Now you can put a video as a wallpaper on your iPhone by downloading the processed live file.
- To do so, go to the top of the page and click on the account avatar, then the channel.
- You’ll be able to locate the video you uploaded.
- Click on the video you want to watch, and it will open in full screen mode.
- If you scroll down for any other choices, you can click on the 3dots that appear.
- To make a video wallpaper iPhone, first click on the Live picture icon.
- When you save it, make sure to save it as a full-screen image so that the video is saved as a live picture in your camera roll.
Part 2: Set video as wallpaper iPhone
You’ve now made a live picture out of your video. Let’s take a look at how to create a video wallpaper for your iPhone.
You can find the wallpaper choice by opening the settings icon and scrolling down. Select a wallpaper by clicking on it.
Go to “choose a new wallpaper” and select your live wallpaper.
There are many options available, including dynamic, stills, and custom live wallpapers. Select Live photos
You can choose your favourite live photo from this set.
Select the option for lock screen and home screen according to your preferences by clicking “set.”
Can you have a video as your lock screen?
On an iPhone, you can’t use a video as your wallpaper, but you can use an animated Live Picture. Live Images are photos that capture video for a few seconds after they are taken.
How do I make a live video lock screen?
Apple is well-known for limiting customization in order to address security concerns. Making a video lock screen or wallpaper from scratch appears to be a near-impossible task. Most people can use default videos as dynamic ios live wallpapers or lock screens on Android phones or computers.
Are you tired of the static or default dynamic images on your iPhone/Android/lock computer’s screen or home page? Don’t be concerned! We’ll walk you through the process of creating your own video lock screen or wallpaper for any computer. Look up the part you’re looking for.
Part 1: How to make a video your screen on iPhone 8/X/XS/11/XR
These methods are only compatible with iPhone 6s and later. You can need to set a new static lock screen wallpaper if you have an older computer.
Method 1: Make your Lock Screen a Live photo
- Open the camera, scroll to the top, and press the Live button. If Live mode is activated, the icon will turn yellow. As always, take photos. The camera can catch every movement before and after the main shot in Live mode.
- Choose a new wallpaper by going to Settings > Wallpaper > Choose a New Wallpaper. Go to the Live section of the website. Select the live picture you just snapped. Select Set Lock Screen from the Set menu. You may also opt to Set Both or Set Home Screen.
Method 2: Make a lock screen wallpaper from a video
- Apple users, as previously said, are unable to render a video lock screen. Many third-party applications now help convert video clips to live images, which you can then use as a wallpaper, thanks to technological advancements.
- intoLive is our suggestion. From a video clip, it can create live images in less than 5 seconds. It has a paid version, but the free version will suffice.
- Pick the video you want to convert in the app. Trim the clip using the red bars on the timeline. Choose No Repeat and Save Live Photos by pressing the Arrow in the upper right corner. Set it as your lock screen background.
Part 2: Make a video your lock screen or wallpaper on android
Only third-party apps will help you create a video lock screen or wallpaper on Android right now. Video Live Wallpaper is something we suggest.
Launch Video Live Wallpaper after installing it. Give this app permission to access your media files.
Drag the slider to change the time and length of a video you want to use as a wallpaper.
To alter how the video appears, go to Settings and allow or disable audios, as well as modify the size fit setting.
If you prefer, click Set Wallpaper, then choose Home Screen or Home Screen and Lock Screen.
Part 3: Make a video your lock screen or wallpaper on desktop
You can’t really render a video as a backdrop except for the default dynamic wallpapers and lock screen. That when you use VLC to render a video full-screen, all of the desktop icons and shortcuts vanish. You should give it a shot and see if it’s right for you.
Download VLC, right-click the file, and choose Video > Set as Wallpaper from the context menu.
Bonus tip: Levelling up lock screen
You’ve now turned a video into your lock screen or wallpaper. Is your video wallpaper, on the other hand, truly adequate? How about boosting the quality of your video wallpaper in a matter of seconds?
FlexClip, a free and simple-to-use video editor, will assist you. It comes with a plethora of royalty-free media assets to help you take your lock screen/wallpaper video to new heights. Aside from that, FlexClip offers beautiful effects to enhance the impact of your video. Last but not least, FlexClip helps you to export videos in a variety of resolutions that are compatible with a variety of platforms.
Animated wallpapers for iPhone
Perhaps you have a lovely still image in mind but want to add some post-production magic to make it do something interesting when you touch the button. There are several ways to accomplish this using apps like Lumyer or Fabby; however, most of these can save video clips, which can be dealt with using the previous section’s advice.
However, for our next trick, we’ll use Glitché to add a cool VHS-style glitch impact. The idea is that when you click hard on the Lock screen, a normal background image will distort and malfunction, giving the impression that your iPhone is damaged or infected.
There are a lot of effects in Glitché, and you can spend some time exploring them all. Finally, you’ll want to save your glitch art as a GIF with several frames, which will serve as our animation.
The final step in making your animation a wallpaper is to convert the GIF to a Live Photo with intoLive and then trigger it as usual via the Settings app.
Oh, my goodness! If you’ve made it this far, congratulations – we won’t blame you if you stick to the simpler wallpapers from earlier in the guide, but with all of these choices, you can pretty much set any cool animated wallpapers for iphones.
We explained how to create a video on your iPhone wallpaper in simple terms. This is incredibly easy, and everyone can do it. This can be used to make a video your wallpaper on the iPhone XR and to set video as the wallpaper on the iPhone 6, so it’s compatible with both versions. We also included some examples of how to transform a video into an iPhone wallpaper.