Nokia X is the first Android device from Nokia. This was a great hit by Nokia and people also liked it. It runs on Android 4.1.2 and have some decent specification. It is a dual-SIM phone with 4 inch IPS LCD display powered with 1 GHz dual-core processor and 512 MB of RAM. This phone runs on an open source Android, which means it supports all Android apps, but it is not an official android. As it is not an official android so it lacks a great feature called Play Store. Yes, there is no play store installed on this phone to download or enter into the world of Android apps. Instead of Play Store there is a Nokia store which you can use to download android apps.
Recommended–>> Unlock Boot Loader and Install Micromax YU Yureka
But if you still want to install and use google play store, then you can root nokia X and then can install google play store. Apart from Google play store there are also some more benefits like you can install custom ROM, you can install and use rooted apps and much more. So today here in this article I will show you how to root nokia x and then install Google play store. Root and Unroot Xiaomi Mi4
Prerequisites to root Nokia X
- First of all you have to download and update Nokia X USB drivers. To do so, follow the below steps.
- Download Nokia X USB Driver.
- Extract the zip file on your PC.
- Turn On USB Debugging on your Nokia X and connect it to the PC via data cable.
- Right click on Computer and select Manage.
- Then click on Other devices, Here in the list you will see Nokia X with a well marked.
- Right click on it and select Update Driver, then select browse My Computer.
- Now point to the folder where you saved Nokia X USB driver and update it.
- Backup all your important data before rooting your device.
- Make sure that there is 70%-80% charge on your device.
Recommended–>> Root Micromax Canvas XL2 A109
Warning– Rooting your Nokia X may void manufacturer warranty. We will not be responsible if any kind of damage occurs while following the below steps. Do it on your own risk.
How to Root Nokia X
The below are the step to follow to root Nokia X android smartphone.
- Download Nokia Tool Kit from Here.
- Connect your Nokia X in USB debugging mode to your PC via data cable.
- Now open Nokia X tool Kit on your PC. Now a command window will appear.
- Now Choose an option “21” which is for rooting.
- After choosing Root your device will boot into the CMW recovery mode.
- Now Select Mount Storage and then select Mount System on your phone.
- Then choose Flash zip from SD card and then SuperUser.zip and flash it.
- Now the flashing process will start and it will take some minutes to complete.
- After flashing, choose Reboot System Now. (It will prompt to fix CMW, Select No)
- Done! Now your Nokia X is rooted 🙂
Recommended–>>Root Xiomi Redmi 1s without a PC
How to Install Google Play Store to Nokia X
After rooting, if you plan to install Google Play Store then follow the below steps.
Root Redmi 2 Android Phone
- After rooting Nokia X, connect your phone to the PC and open Nokia X toolkit.
- Here choose “25” to install Google play service, including Play Store.
- It will take some minutes (Hardly 5min) to install Play store.
- Once the installation is done, you will be able to access Google Play Store from your nokia X.
Recommended–>> How to Unlock/Reset android Pattern Lock
By Rooting Nokia X you will get access to a lot of features and the best advantages for Nokia X is Now you can install Google Play service along with all google apps like Play Store. So this was the post all about rooting Nokia X. I hope you liked this post on How to Root Nokia X and install Google Play store. If you have any doubt then let me know by your comment. I will be there to help you.
Liked This post? If yes then share this post with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ as it might be helpful for someone else. 🙂