CSGO or the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a high streaming game among most gamers. This is published and developed by Valve Corporation and also published by Hidden Path Entertainment. On the earlier version of CSGO, the bots are neither a threat. But recently, when Valve develops it, the bots really create a problem for you during the game. Especially if you are a new player in this game, they’ll probably pick you up and distract your gaming experience. So if you want to play your game without any distraction, you need to know the method of removing the bots from your game. Thus, we are here for you, coming with the article on how to remove bots in CSGO. If you read our articles carefully, you will get the answer to your problem. Also, we will discuss some of your questions so you can enjoy your game in full concentration.
Remove Bots on Your Team in CSGO
If you want to enjoy the game with your team members, you need to remove the bots from the game. So that they do not create any distraction on your enjoyment. To do that, follow the instruction given below. And it is not a difficult method but the easiest one.
- First, you have to open the game features. To do that, open the ‘~’ (Tilde key) on your keyboard.
- Then to kick out all the ct-bots, you have to type ‘bot_kick t’ to kick t-bots, or ‘bot_kick ct.’
- Putting this command will remove all the bots from your game, and you can now enjoy the game with your team. If you want to quickly up this process, you need to bind this command with the hotkey.
Remove Bots in CSGO with Console
You can also remove the bots on the game console or prevent the rejoining of them on the game to balance your team members. To learn the process of removing bots on the console, you have to learn several commands. You need to remember the commands, or you have to write them down. Only then you are able to enjoy your game without the bot’s distraction. Now, follow the methods to remove the bots in the console.
- To open the console again, you have to press the ‘~’ button.
- Then, you have to type the same command given above to kick out the bots.
- After that, typing the ‘mp_limitteams 1’ command will prevent the rejoining action of the bots into the game.
- At last, you have to type ‘mp_autoteambalance 0’ this command. It will stop bot action for auto-balancing and switching from one game to another.
Remove Bots on a Private Match in CSGO
Sometimes, in a private game, a player vs. player game, the bots also create problems for you. They creep out between woodwork, interfere between your shots, and create an annoyance in your game. So, when you are playing a private game, you also want to avoid their actions. To avoid their annoyance and enjoy your game peacefully, follow the methods given below.
- First, like the previous methods, you have to enable the developer console. Then on the main menu section, find the ‘game settings’ and click on it.
- Then, you will find the ‘Enable Developer Console’ option here.
- Go to the right-hand side of this option and select the ‘Yes’ button from the drop-down menu.
- After that, you have to activate the game’s console by pressing the ‘~’ button.
- Then type ‘mp_limitteams 1’ to prevent them from rejoining the game after they are successfully kicked out.
- To stop the bots leveling on your team, type ‘mp_autoteambalance 0.’
- And, lastly, type ‘bot_kick’ and kick all the bots from your private game.
So, by reading this method, you can understand that you have to remember several commands to do the jobs done. You also can write it down if you dont want to remember. Or else you could set up the hotkey with the command, so you dont have to waste time.
Remove Bots in CSGO Competitive Game
Usually, bots come on the game server when a player is disconnected from the server for a network error or other issues. By doing this, they create a balance between the team members. But many of the gamers do not like it because the bot dont acts like the human players. Instead, they create annoyance on the game. That’s why in the update from 2021 January, Valve decided to removes all the bots from the competitive game. That means when a player is disconnected from the game server. Bots no longer replace them. So, you can play your game with peace.
Remove Bot Prefix in CSGO
Changing the bot prefix means changing the name of your bots. When you play an offline CSGO game then, the bots will play with you. And the bot name is like ‘BOT Hank’ or ‘BOT Yuri.’ But it may happen that you may want to see the name as a bot and want to change their names. So to do that, follow the process given below.
- First, you have to find the resource file of the game. The filename is ‘csgo_english.txt.’ To do that, go to Steam > SteamApps > common > Counter-Strike Global Offensive > csgo > resource.
- Open this file on the notepad or notebook. Find out the ‘ SFUI_bot_decorated_name BOT% s1’ text.
- On this text, delete the portion of ‘BOT,’ and the process is done successfully.
Now, you successfully remove the bot prefix from the game. Now when you play an offline game, you no longer see the bot prefix on the name.
Remove Limits Bots on CSGO
Sometimes you may want to remove as many bots as you can. In that case, follow the methods given below.
- First, open the console menu by clicking on the ‘~’ like previous.
- Then, type there ‘sv_cheats 1.’
- Then, to get rid of all the bots on the server, type ‘bot_kick.’
- After that, to stop the balancing out of the game automatically with the bots, type ‘mp_autoteambalance 0.’
- Now you have to remove the limit and allow play more players from one team to another. To do that, type the‘ mp_limitteams 0’ command.
- Next, if you want to add some bots on your server’s team, you have to simply use the ‘bot_add t’ (need to add on T side) or ‘bot_add ct’ (to add on the CT side).
Frequently Asked Questions
A. Why are bots removed from the CSGO?
The exact answer to this question is not known by us. If you asked this question, then you have to ask Valve who make these changes. Although, this change is not on the whole game section. In the new release in January of 2021, Valve decided to remove the bots only from the Classic Competitive section of CSGO.
Actually, bots are coming on the game when a player is disconnected mistakenly or for any other reasons. This bot helps to play the game with the balanced team members. When the disconnected player is coming back, then the bots are automatically removed. This helps players rejoin the game if they disconnect mistakenly and want to continue the game.
But why Valve wants to remove the features exactly? Anyone dont know the right answer about it. One reason may be that some of the players on the team feel annoying by the act of the bots players, and also, some players dont want that a bot will play in their place when they are disconnected from the game.
B. How do you set up a 1v1 in CSGO no bots?
If you’re controlling the server, then it is easy for you to set up no bots on 1V1 in CSGO. To do that, follow the method given below.
- Open up the console by pressing the ‘~’ button.
- To prevent the bots from rejoining, the game type ‘mp_limitteams 1’ and hit enter.
- Stop the bot’s activity for balancing the game type ‘mp_autoteambalance 0’ command.
- At last, input the ‘bot_kick’ option to remove all the bots from the game server.
If you follow this method, you will successfully set up no bots on 1v1, and now two players are remaining on the game.
C. How do you kick bots?
The bots are the robots made by AI. That mainly takes the plays of real human players. But they do not behave like human players at all. Instead, they create annoyance on your game and do not able to play you the peaceful game.
The good thing is you are able to remove the bots from the game server. You can kick them out from your game by putting the above commands on the console. But the bad thing is if you are not the game server owner or on a competitive way, you can not kick out the bots. To kick out the bots, you must need access to the server commands.
D. How can you change the difficulty of bots on your server?
The method by which you can add bots to any server, in there you can also be able to set the difficulty level of your bots if you want. The bot difficulty command looks like ‘bot_kick,’ and then you have to set the number of difficulty levels. There are four levels of difficulty, numbering 0 to 3. ‘0’ means the easy level, and the ‘3’ means expert level.
E. What is the command to disable bots?
The commands that you need to disable bots are as following:
- The command to remove the bots and prevent rejoining of them = mp_limitteams 1
- The command to keep away the bots for auto-balancing = mp_autoteambalance 0
- Command to kick out the bot from the server = bot_kick. Hit enter after the command.
However, the bots are not a bad re on this came. Actually, they feature in the game. Actually, it provides some help when a player is disconnected and also helps to balance in the teams. But sometimes, they may create an annoyance for the players, but otherwise, it is helpful. However, we hope you understand our article on how to remove bots in CSGO, and now you are able to play your game without any distraction. Happy gaming!