Twitch is the video live streaming service that will provide you with the live video gaming experience and the esports competition broadcasts. Recently, it also broadcast music, creative content, and others. On this platform, millions of gamers come to watch a live streaming game. You can watch Minecraft, PUBG, World of Warcraft, Fortnite, and many others live games performance on this platform. It is a huge site. If you are a gamer, then probably you will watch someone playing the game on this platform. And sometimes, you may want to watch it over and over again. To do that, you have to record the live streaming video, so you dont have to depend on others to watch the games. So, today we are here for you to solve this problem. We are coming with this article about how to record twitch streams.
This article tells you how you can record the live broadcasting on the twitch platform from PC. By doing this, you dont have to wait for your favorite streamers to replay the old gaming video for you. Then the access is on your hand. But before we discuss how to record twitch streams, first, know about how you can set up the twitch streams.
How Can I Set up My Twitch Streams?
The twitch itself does not do the setup process of the twitch stream. You need extra software for the twitch setting up process. The additional software which is need for setting up is OBS, Twitch Studio, or XSPLIT.
This article shows you only the setup process in twitch streams with OBS (Open Broadcaster Software). The OBS software is available for Windows, Linux, and also Mac.
OBS Installing Process
- First, download the OBS software for your computer. Then click on the ‘Install’ option.
- Select the ‘next’ option each time until you do not reach the input your stream key page.
- When you reach the page, click on the ‘Get Stream Key’ option.
- After that, you will find your stream key. Click on the ‘Copy’ option on the right-hand side of your stream key.
- Then, paste the stream key in the proper place and click on the ‘Next’ option.
Done. Now, you successfully link up the OBS with your twitch streams. Now, you can stream on twitch through OBS. Before that, you need a little setting up process with OBS, which we will discuss next. In this setup process, OBS sets up your game and the webcam of your computer. So that, if you want, you can see yourself when you are broadcasting a game. Also, it will help to set up the broadcast with sources so that people are able to see you while you are broadcasting your game.
Setting up Process of Twitch Streams with OBS
- First, open the game that you want to stream on twitch with your audience.
- Open the OBS app for streaming.
- On the OBS application, click on the ‘+’ icon under the Sources box.
- Now, select the game capture or the ‘Display Capture’ option and then give a descriptive name to your stream.
- Under the OBS ‘Mode’ section, select the ‘Capture any full screen application.’ It will help you to stream the full screen of your computer. But if you play a game in windowed mode, you can also select the windowed mode option for streaming.
- After you select your OBS settings properly, click on the ‘Ok’ button.
- If you want to change the additional features sometimes, like showing yourself through a webcam, repeat the steps 3-7 times. And on your webcam, then set it as windowed shows by following the above steps.
- When you finish all the setting up process, just click on the ‘Start Streaming’ and start your streaming process.
As hopefully, you now understand the streaming process in twitch. Let’s come to the main point of how to record twitch streams.
May be you like this post :How To Change Twitch Username
Can you screen record a twitch stream?
Yes, you can able to record your Twitch streams. There are two methods to do that. One is that you can record it within twitch, or you can record it with the help of OBS. The only difference is that the recording copy is saved within the twitch server in the first case. And, for the second case, the copy is saved within your device.
Record Twitch Stream using OBS
- First, open the OBS software and go to the ‘Settings.’
- Then, go to the left panel file path and select the Broadcast settings.
- Here, select your device location where you want to save your broadcast.
- Then select the option ‘Automatically save the stream to file’ and click on the Ok.
- That’s it. It will stream your game and also record it within your device.
Archive Twitch Streams
To archive, your twitch stream inside the twitch application, follows the steps given below.
- First, log in to Twitch and go to Settings.
- Then, click on the ’Channnels & Videos.’
- Now, scroll down and select the ‘Archive Broadcast’ option. Then click on the check box.
After following these steps, twitch will save your broadcast for 14 days. If you want to take your video for more than 14 days, you will have to subscribe to Turbo, and then your video will remain on the server for 60 days. If you want, you can also export this streaming video share on youtube by going to the settings option.
How Can I watch my Twitch Streaming?
If you want to watch the twitch stream or edit it, go to the file and open your recording folder within the OBS file content. Another way is you can open the video through the editor where you want to edit the video. In the editor, you can edit the video and also can watch it.
Frequently Asked Questions
A. Can you record a live stream?
Yes, you can record the live stream video on twitch streams. To do that, follow the steps given below.
- Open your Twitch app and select the stream that you want to record.
- Then select the ‘Add’ option and choose your choice a full-screen record or windowed record that you want.
- Once select the method, click on the ‘Strat Recording’ button, and your live streaming will start to record.
B. How do I save twitch streams to my computer?
If you want to save twitch streaming on your computer device, you have to record the streaming with the help of OBS software. It’ll directly save your recording on the device. You can also select the location where you want to download it from your device. To do that, follow the recording steps given above in this article.
That’s all. Now you can enjoy your live streaming on Twitch and also enjoy it later by recording it. Enjoy!