Let us discuss “How To Make A Facebook Post Shareable”. If you are basically that type of person who used to make long, informative posts on Facebook. Then maybe you will have got the request, “Can you make this post shareable?,” before some time.
Facebook is having a most common sharing feature which is also a great way to allow people to spread posts, in their surroundings. Basically from the original source, rather than just reposting.
Most of the people used to share posts for all kinds of reasons. Maybe it can contain an encouraging message, or gives some information about a serious issue that many people are unaware of. Maybe it will talk about an event which is basically going on, or can also ask people for some help with a GoFundMe for a good cause. No matter what the exact reason or what the post, which is allowing people to share them always, that usually works in the same way.
How can I make a Facebook post shareable after posting?
- First of all you will have to find the post which you want to make shareable and then click the three dots which are at the upper right corner.
- After doing that, in the little pop up menu, you should select “Edit Post.”
- After that, at the bottom of the post pop-up, and next to the “Save” button, you will have to just click the drop-down menu to bring up the post’s privacy settings.
- And basically from the main menu, you will need to select “Public,” then click Save.
How can I turn on the Share button on Facebook?
If you will find that no ‘Share’ button appears on a post – then simply it is because of the Privacy Settings of the original post. If a post is already set for ‘Friends Only’ (basically this is your Default Timeline setting). It will not be easily available for ‘Sharing’ around on Facebook beyond that setting.
Now, at the bottom side of the post pop-up, and then next to the “Save” button, select the drop-down menu to bring up the post’s privacy settings. And then from the menu, you will have to select “Public,” and then you should click Save.
Why can’t people share my posts on Facebook?
I hope you already know how to set your default privacy for Facebook status updates and photos. And also know that you can easily set the privacy individually for each status update which you have shared. When you are really going to set your privacy to the public. Then you are usually allowing someone on Facebook to see your recent updates. But only some of your friends can be able to comment on those same updates, with these following exceptions:
- If you are going to post a status update that tags someone. Then anyone who is friends with the person you already tagged can easily comment on your status update. Even if they are not in your friend lists anymore.
- If you are going to turn on the Follow option for your Facebook account. Then anyone who used to follow your updates can be able to see and comment on any public updates.
- On a relevant note, when Facebook already launched the timeline version of your personal profiles. Then all your updates of previous months and years became more popular. This may or may not be an issue for you. Basically depending on what you have shared before some years.
Even Facebook also knew the issue and also included a perfect way for you. To basically change the share setting for individual content or stories. As you are going to set up your timeline. You can easily set up to customize how you share different things. To change the share setting for previously shared content, you should follow these given instructions:
- You will have to visit your personal timeline and then select the Activity Log button directly below your cover photo.
And then your Activity Log page will appear.
- Then you should be easily able to find the status update for which you want to change the sharing options.
If you scroll your cursor on the share icon (two houses, a globe, a lock, or a gear, basically depending on your current settings). You will be able to see the original share options for a status update.
- Then simply press the share icon and select a sharing option from the given list.
How can you Make A Post Shareable On Facebook
If you are going to post something on your Facebook wall and also want others to share it. You will also need to make sure that the actual post should be shareable first. For doing so, you should follow these given steps:
- First of all, on your Facebook Home page, you will need to press the ‘What’s on your mind?’
- After that, under your Facebook profile name, there you will find a security button that you can select. You can even change it to:
- Public – by selecting this, the post can be shared by anyone on or off of the Facebook site.
- Friends – by selecting this, the post can be shared by anyone that you are friends with on Facebook.
- Friends except… by selecting this, the post can be shared by any of your friends except the ones that you indicate here.
- Specific Friends – by selecting this option, the post can only be shared by some specific people which you mention there.
- Only me – by selecting this, this means that only you can share this post.
- Custom – by selecting this, this means that you can make lists of specific people that you want the post to be.
- When you’re done, you will have to click on Post to show the message on your wall. It can be shareable by all those to whom you give permission to do so.
Why Can’t My Friends Share My Posts On Facebook
You will also need to change the privacy of your posts to make them shareable. Posts set to the public can also be shared by everyone.
With billions of users around the entire world, Facebook is known as a platform that usually extends everyone’s social reach and social influence. Most of the Facebook users are moving toward more privacy and security, basically what is seen by anyone on the internet. Like, some posts are not easily visible to everyone or shareable to others. For most of the time when you are trying to make a post shareable, you will just have to change your Facebook settings.
Reasons to Make Shareable
Sharing content will also help information move through the internet. Many businesses are able to find that with the constant changes happening in search algorithms. Also keeping up with keyword changes is nearly impossible. To get some content out and keep your clients and prospects more engaged. Most of the businesses are using social media, specifically Facebook to achieve this.
Usually, your clients will be easily able to read your posts, love the content and then you will have to share your posts on their own pages. As an increasingly greater number of people who are sharing your posts. Facebook’s algorithms usually recognize your posts more easily. Because they are also seen in your client news feeds more regularly and perfectly, a viral trend develops, also attracting more people to your business.
Personal Page Shares
Even also most businesses are sharing content to the public, many business owners are also sharing their business content by using their personal page to reach connections that may not be on your business page. If your personal Facebook settings are already set to high privacy settings, your family and friends won’t be easily able to share that content; they are only able to read it. Facebook settings also include privacy sharing options, which are already set when the post-originator first publishes the post.
When you are going to create a post, you already have the option to share it to your timeline or to share it to the news feed. You must have shared it in your news feed. Also, when you are going to choose a news feed, it will be added to your settings by default. If your current settings are “Friends” then only you can share the post and your friends are only able to read it. No one else can share it. You should change this setting with the icon which is next to the description to Public. It is now become a shareable post.
Business Page Shares
Business pages usually give you the same option to share but automatically are sent to the news feed for your followers and the public ones also to see. Where most of the business owners also get confused and lose the ability to share the post is when they are going to share the business page post to their personal page which is basically maintained as Private or Friends. Even the original post can also be shareable, you just need to adjust the setting so others can easily share it from their pages after you have shared the post from your business to a personal page.