The Discord No Route error prevents many Discord users from entering voice channels. This No Route error, like Trapped RTC Connection errors, discord rtc connecting no route error, and the ICE Testing errors, belongs to a similar category.
In every case, whenever the Discord attempts to get connected to a voice server, it is always stopped dead in its path causing discord stuck on ice checking.
What Does No Route Mean In Discord?
When you try to make connections with your friends through the voice channel using the Discord server, sometimes your Network will not be able to connect you through the voice channel, and this issue causes No Route Discord Error.
Why Is Discord Not Connecting?
Look for any problems that could be triggering the outage. When Discord refuses to connect, it means that the discord stuck on ice checking the very first thing that you can do is see if there is any current outage. You will be unable to come over the connecting screen unless the Discord server consists of issues.
How Do I Fix Discord RTC Connection?
The Discord rtc connecting no route error that occurs in Discord due to the problem in real-time connectivity such as organizing or conducting a live meeting or some online get-together which has many reasons like Dynamic IP, Antivirus which doesn’t allow to make a connection, using VPN which doesn’t support UDP (User Developer Protocol) and few others.
Now, you can fix this discord rtc connecting no route problem by some methods such as,
- Checking the Internet connection,
- Rebooting your IP configuration,
- Changing the server region,
- Uninstalling the VPN,
- Disabling the Antivirus Software,
- Changing the audio subsystem and,
- Flushing your DNS & resetting the IP configuration.
What Does Cause The No Route Error On Discord?
We were able to recognize a few situations where this No Route Discord error could occur after analyzing the problem and reviewing reports from different user:
The change in the assigned IP address of the PC – This is normal with Dynamic IP addresses that change frequently. In this case, restarting the computer, modem, and the router is all that is needed.
Discord has been blacklisted by antivirus or third-party firewall – Discord would be unable to maintain an outgoing link with an external server whenever this occurs.
The computer is connected to a VPN that does not support UDP – It is a common occurrence as Discord is configured to work only with VPNs that support User Datagram Protocol (UDP) which makes the discord stuck on ice checking.
Discord is restricted by network administrators – if you try to use Discord from the school network or at work, it can be blocked.
The voice region of the server is compatible with your client – When you try to establish a connection with a server that is hosted on a different region, this issue arises. In this case, the remedy is to demand the administrators to swap the voice region of the server.
Your network doesn’t support QoS – Likely, your network isn’t built to support QoS High Packet Priority. Fortunately, you can toggle it off in the settings about Voice and Video.
How Do I Fix Discord No Route?
If you’re trying hard to overcome the No Route Discord error and want to know how to fix Discord No Route error while trying to connect with your friends, then you have come to the right place, in this article you will know about the methods to resolve your No Route error in the Discord server. So, keep reading the article.
HOW TO FIX DISCORD NO ROUTE ERROR
If you’re searching for a solution to this error on Discord, this article about Discord No Route fix will take you through a series of troubleshooting methods.
A few different approaches that other Discord users have used in such similar circumstances to effectively resolve the problem.
To get the desired outcomes, begin with the provided first procedure and try slowly and steadily till you find a solution that works for your situation.
However, before continuing with the approaches, double-check that your network is stable (ensure your network is private).
TECHNIQUE 1: REBOOT THE COMPUTER AND MODEM OR ROUTER
First and foremost, let’s ensure that the problem can’t be fixed with an instant restart. The No Route Discord error is frequently seen when an IPV6 link is interrupted by a variable IP address that changes regularly.
By reactivating your modem (or router) and your computer, you will be able to see if the problem is just temporary. It is not essential to reset your router’s network settings; You could just unplug and reconnect the power cable.
After the restart, check if you can connect to the voice servers of Discord without having the No Route error. But, if the error continues to occur, move on to the next technique mentioned below.
TECHNIQUE 2: IF APPLICABLE WHITELIST DISCORD OR DISABLE THIRD PARTY FIREWALL
Another plausible reason for the occurrence of No Route error may be an overprotective antivirus or the firewall which prevents Discord from establishing outgoing and incoming connections.
Deactivating real-time defense won’t be precise as similar rules will stay in effect in deciding if your security system is triggering the error or not.
The one and the only way to confirm if the situation applies is nothing but complete uninstall of your antivirus software to see if the Discord was able to establish a connection with a fresh voice server. Here is a summary of how to perform it precisely:
- Open up the Run dialogue box by pressing together the Windows key + R. Then, to open Features and Programs, enter “appwiz. All open windows cpl” in the box and click Enter.
- Scroll down to find your third-party protection solution in Features and Programs, then do right-click on that and select Uninstall.
- Uninstall the 3rd party firewall or Antivirus by following the on-screen instructions.
- To make sure that any residual file from the protective solution is removed, follow this path
- Restart your pc and see whether there is no ice checking Discord and the Discord could interact without any problems.
TECHNIQUE 3: DETACH YOUR VPN OR IF APPLICABLE USE ONE THAT SUPPORTS UDP
When a Discord user actively uses a VPN solution that is not programmed to the use of User Datagram Protocol (UDP), this No Route Discord error often starts to exist. Since the Discord software isn’t built to operate for VPNs who don’t use the UDP, this issue arises.
If you are using a VPN, look for the website of the service provider for guidance about how to use UDP. You could also verify whether the problem is caused by the VPN by deactivating it and connecting to Discord from a different voice server.
TECHNIQUE 4: CHECK WHETHER YOUR NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR HAS DISABLED DISCORD
If you’re just getting this error while attempting to use the Discord from a school or work network, the network administrator has most likely blocked the communication applications.
While this may get you into difficulty, there is one setting you can adjust to enable Discord to interact with external servers and avoid the error No Route in Discord. This is what you should do:
- To open the Run dialogue box, hold Windows key + R together. Next, to open the Control Panel, text “control” and click Enter.
- Navigate to Network and Internet, there select Network and Sharing Center in the Control Panel. Then, select the Connections hyperlink which is associated with the Private network link of yours.
- Select Properties in the next pane.
- Head towards the Networking tab provided in the Properties tab of your link, pick Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4/(TCP), and once again press Properties.
- Change the DNS to use the mentioned addresses of the DNS server by moving down to DNS server settings. Here, set the Preferential DNS server value with 8 8 8 8 as well as the Substitute DNS server value with 8 8 4 4. And now, to store the modifications, press OK.
- Restart your pc after closing all windows that are open. Now, your Discord application can connect to a fresh voice server not having the error the very next time you start the application. If the ice checking discord continues, move on to the next approach mentioned below.
TECHNIQUE 5: MODIFY THE VOICE REGION OF THE SERVER
If you’re just having this error while calling a buddy on the other side of the planet, the problem is much more likely due to the server’s voice region being different from yours.
The remedy in this situation is to demand the administrator of the server to allocate a separate voice region which can be done from the settings of the server.
The admin will be able to adjust the server settings by navigating to Server Settings and from there to Server Region.
TECHNIQUE 6: DISABLE QUALITY OF SERVICE (QoS) IN VOICE AND VIDEO SETTINGS
Several cases which are reported for No Route errors in Discord or ICE checking discord have been fixed by removing QoS in the User settings. It has been observed that this problem is reported to arise when computers are unable to pace up with the High Packet Priority QoS (Quality of Service) requirements.
Fortunately, this problem can be safely fixed by removing Quality of Service (QoS) in the User Settings. A step-by-step guide about how to do it is provided below:
- Launch Discord and select the gear icon next to your username (left- bottom corner).
- After that, go to the App Settings and choose Voice and Video.
- Then, scroll down to QoS (Quality of Service) and ensure that the Activate Quality of Service (QoS) High Packet Priority associated with toggle is switched off.
- Exit Discord, then reopen it to see if the Discord No Route fix has been done. If you are still having a similar error, try the next technique mentioned below.
TECHNIQUE 7: MODIFYING THE DNS CONFIGURATION
A few users have confirmed that the problem was resolved after they modified their IP settings using a set of commands in the Command Prompt. Some users realize that the preceding procedure permanently resolved the issue, while others claimed that they would perform these steps daily to prevent the No Route error message.
Below is a step by step easy guide on how to change your IP specification:
- To open the Run dialogue box, click Windows key + R together. To open a Raised Command Window enter “cmd” in the box and hold Shift + Ctrl + Enter together.
- Click enter after typing the command given below in the Raised Command window: “ipconfig/release”
- Type the command given below and click Enter once the existing Ip config has been removed: “ipconfig/flushdns”
- To reset the IP config, type the command given below: “ipconfig/renew”
- Restart your computer and check to see whether the Discord error “No Route” has now been fixed.
If nothing else has succeeded, Discord is likely being stopped by your network router’s firewall. Either reduce the firewall settings of your network or move to a different network to cancel out this possibility and to achieve discord no route fix. You might use the hotspot of your mobile phone on your computer.