In this article, let us discuss “How To Export Bookmarks From Chrome”. With so many websites that people used to visit on a daily basis, there are many chances that you will find some which are basically worth saving. Also, keeping that many bookmarks is not an issue for some modern browsers.
But what happens with those bookmarks if you already decided to reinstall the operating system on your own computer? Or if you are going to replace the old computer with a new one?
But do not need to be worried, for Google Chrome also has a solution for that. If you want to save all your bookmarks, and also you can easily export them to any external folder. And whenever you want to recover those bookmarks, it is only an issue of importing the file to any browser you may be using.
Where are Android Chrome bookmarks stored?
Chrome bookmarks location in android
- First of all, you will have to open your Android device and launch it into Google chrome.
- Then you will need to simply click on the More option which is at the top right corner.
- Then you should scroll to the bottom of the settings which is in the address bar.
- Then you will just have to click on the bookmark option to view the saved Bookmark.
Google Chrome bookmarks are really very easy to sort and access from the browser.
Also, when you will need to set bookmarks to a new browser, you may also need to locate your bookmarks file to transfer them manually. Chrome usually stores all bookmarks together into a single file.
If you also want to backup, move, or access your all bookmarks from the old drive, then you will have to simply locate that file in your file system. If you can’t find the bookmark file, then you must have the wrong folder opened or it may be possible that it is in the wrong user path. It is always in the same folder on any of the systems.
To check all your bookmark folders:
- On your Android phone or tablet, first of all you will have to open the Chrome app .
- Then, at the top right, click More Bookmarks. If your address bar is at the bottom, scroll up on the address bar. Then click on Star .
- If you are still in a folder, which is at the top left, click on Back .
- After that you should open each folder and look for your bookmark.
How can I transfer my bookmarks from my Android to my computer?
Bookmarks are always linked to websites which you have stored before. They can also let you go back to your favorite sites very quickly. Most of the people prefer to browse the bookmarks on their own Android phones or tablets as they are more easy to use and convenient to bring than a computer. For fear that you can also lose some very important bookmarks accidentally, you may also want to backup Android bookmarks.
For helping you with that, I would like to share a handy and easy to use application. Syncios Data Transfer, it is a comprehensive application for all the mobile devices, and by using it you can be easily able to transfer contents between iOS and iOS, Android and Android, iOS and Android in just a single Click. And can also extract lost data from your iTunes backups, also recovering mobile contents from your iCloud backups, restoring backups which are created by iPhone/Android to PC Transfer very quickly and easily. You should download and install this Data Transfer tool to backup and transfer Android bookmarks easily
Backup Android Bookmarks to PC
Step 1. First of all you should download and install Syncios Data Transfer on your computer before saving bookmarks to pc.
Step 2. Then you will need to launch the program and find Backup to PC on the homepage.
Step 3. After that you will have to connect your Android device to PC and then wait for data loading. All of your data will then be listed in the middle box. Click Bookmarks to transfer after data loading and then you should click on Start Copy to transfer bookmarks to the computer.
Note: Always keep two phones being connected to the computer normally by using a USB cable or WiFi while transferring, otherwise the transferring process will automatically stop.
Restore Android Bookmarks from PC
Step 1. First of all, you should keep your Android device connected. Then you will have to go to homepage of Syncios Data Transfer and then simply find Restore from PC
Step 2. Then you will find that all previous backups on the computer will be detected automatically by Syncios and will be listed on the left side.
Step 3. Then you will have to select the backup which you just made then the contents of this backup will also be displayed on the middle box in category.
Step 4. Then click Bookmarks to and then click on Start Copy to restore bookmarks to Android devices.
How can I transfer my Chrome bookmarks from my phone to my computer?
Step 1. First of all you will have to Launch Syncios Data Transfer then simply go to Phone to Phone Transfer. And connect two devices to the computer. iOS and Android devices are always supported by Syncios.
Step 2. You will always make sure the source phone is at the left and the target phone is at the right. You can easily click on Flip directly to change the position.
Step 3. The data of the source device will be displayed on the middle panel after data loading. Then click on Bookmarks and some other items you would like to transfer and then you will need to click on Start Copy to transfer them to the target device.
How can you Transfer Bookmarks From One Computer To Another
For Method 1, what you will need to do is to get a free download and then apply three easy steps to transfer Chrome bookmarks. And Method 2 is the common way to transfer targeted bookmarks to an external hard drive. Select the one you like.
Method 1. By transferring Chrome Bookmarks to another Computer (Recommended Software)
There is no need to do the export and import process on both PCs. EaseUS Todo PCTrans will help you in transferring Chrome with bookmarks, history, and even some personal settings from your old PC to your new laptop by using some simple steps.
To directly transfer Chrome bookmarks to your new PC, follow these tips here to get things prepared perfectly:
- First of all connect two PCs under the same LAN
- Then, download automated PC transfer software
2. Transferring Chrome with Bookmarks
EaseUS Todo PCTrans will help you in transferring the Chrome application with bookmarks to the default location (C: drive by default) on your target PC. Follow this process to transfer your Chrome bookmarks to a new computer with just a few simple clicks.
Step 1. Select the transfer mode.
- First of all download and install EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs.
- Then you will have to launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on the PCs and then click “PC to PC” on any of them.
Step 2. Connect the two PCs.
- You will have to connect to the target PC, then input the account password or verification code of the target PC.
- After that you will need to look at the verification code which is basically at the right top of the “PC to PC”.
- You will have to select the transfer direction and then select “Connect” to continue.
Step 3. Select Google Chrome to transfer.
- You should hover on “Applications” and select “Edit”.
- In the list, choose a browser like Google Chrome and then click “Finish”.
Step 4. Transfer Google Chrome to another PC.
- You will have to click on “Transfer” to start transferring Google Chrome to another PC.
- Then you will need to wait for the transfer process to finish and then simply click “OK”.
After that, by restarting your Chrome, you will be able to use Chrome with the original bookmarks on other computers again.
Method 2. Transfer/Copy Chrome Bookmarks to another Computer (Manually)
If you still don’t want to use any other software to transfer Chrome bookmarks to another computer. You will have to follow all these steps:
- An empty USB or external hard drive
- You will have to download and install a Chrome browser on the other PC
2. Moving Chrome Bookmarks
By following these two stages, you’ll be able to move Chrome bookmarks from the one PC to the other PC:
Export Chrome Bookmarks
For the latest Chrome users:
- First of all you will have to launch Google Chrome and then just click on the 3-dots which is at the right top corner of Chrome browser.
- Then you will just have to Select “Bookmarks” and then simply click on “Bookmark Manager”.
- You will have to find the 3-dots which are next to the Bookmarks search bar, in the Chrome address bar. And then, click “Export Bookmarks”. And by clicking this will open the File Explorer on a Windows 10 computer or the Finder on a Mac computer.
- Finally, you will have to choose a name and destination and then click Save. Then you will have to simply navigate and then save the Bookmarks to your external USB and then save the HTML file.
For the old Chrome users:
- You will have to Connect a USB or external hard drive to your PC.
- After that, you will need to open Google Chrome on Windows PC and then simply click the “Customize and Control Google Chrome” menu.
- And then click on “Bookmarks” and then select “Bookmarks Manager.”
- After that, you will have to go to the Organize tab, and then simply click “Export bookmarks to HTML file”.
- Then you will have to choose a location – external USB or SD card to save the file and then simply click on “Save”.
Import Chrome Bookmarks
- First of all you will have to connect the USB to your new computer and then open Chrome
- After that you will need to click the 3 dots and then move the mouse to point Bookmarks.
- Then you should select Import bookmarks and settings, then you will have to select “HTML bookmarks” and then click “Import” to continue.
- You will need to click “Choose File” and then select the HTML bookmark file to import to your Chrome.
- After that you will have to press “Choose File” and then select the HTML bookmark file to import to your Chrome.
For old Chrome users:
- First of all you will need to connect the USB or SD card to your new PC.
- After that you will need to open Google Chrome and then simply click the Customize and Control Google Chrome menu.
- Then press “Bookmarks”, and then select “Bookmarks Manager”.
- After that you will have to go to the Organize tab and then simply click on “Import bookmarks to HTML file”.
- Select the HTML document and then you should click “Open” to complete the process.
After this,you will need to relaunch Chrome and then you should be able to use Chrome bookmarks on your other PC.