A popular messaging application for gamers is popularly known as Discord. Friends can chat and communicate easily with each other on group chats or direct messages using servers.
Communication can be done with those who are not even a part of the same server you are into. Direct Messages or Group Chat is offered when the users require a personal conversation.
What is a Discord DM?
There is a feature of a direct message on Discord to have individual one-on-one conversations with other users on the Discord server. It facilitates such conversation. They are intimate conversations and will not be revealed on a public chat server.
No matter what server you are working and engaged into, you can send direct messages and go on with group chats. The article gives you further information on how to direct Message on Discord.
How do you DM someone?
Here are the steps to make you understand how to pm on Discord whether you are a PC, Mac, Android, or an Ios user.
Note- Keep in mind that some of the users on Discord might have the settings set to ‘Friends Only. This signifies that to message them or chat with them, it’s essential for you to be added to their friend’s list.
Send DM’s via PC & Mac
You may follow the following instructions if you want to send Discord DMs from your PC or Mac-
- Log in to your Discord.
- There will be a Discord icon at the top right corner of the screen, and choose Friends from the list that appears.
- To see all available friends on your list, go to the All page, or keep it on the Web tab to contact a friend who is not online.
- Click on the name of the friend you want to chat with. As soon as you click on the user, a direct message will open up for you.
- A text box will pop up. Enter the text in it and click on Enter to send the Message.
- On the far left side, there is a server menu. Log on to discord click on that menu. This is needed if you want to discord Direct Message a member of the server you are a member of.
- The menu to the right shows a list of member names. You may scroll down the list till you find the person you want to chat with.
- Right-click on the member’s name. A dialog box appears. Choose Message from it.
- A text box appears. Enter the text in it and press Enter to send the Message.
With this, you now know how to DM on Discord on a PC, Mac. But how is it done through a mobile? The article further lets you understand the steps to send via Android or Ios devices.
Send DM’s via Android devices
- Log in to your Discord.
- In the left corner of the screen is an ALL tab; click on that.
- Select a contact from your list of friends.
- To send a DM, tap the Chat Message button (white chat bubble on a blueish background).
- Enter your Message and click on Send.
Send DM’s via IOS devices.
- Log in to your Discord.
- At the bottom of your screen, you will find the Friends logo. Tap on the three white lines you get.
- To pull up a window, click on the recipient’s name.
- A pop-up window appears. Tap message on it.
- Enter your Message and press send.
How to make a group chat on Discord?
A discord group dm can only be created with those members that are added to the Friends list.
All you need to do is add all those people you want to have a group with, and then a new option will be there as “New Group DM.”
At the top right section of the screen, there will be a button available for you that will list all your friends.
Total ten users can be added in a Group chat discord that includes nine friends, and the last is you.
Apart from this, you can also add additional friends to an ongoing group chat. You will get an option to add friends to DM in the very top right of the window.
Removing members out of the group chat
Additional members can be added (up to the maximum) by any member in the group chat, but it is only the Group chat creator who can remove any member from the group.
Below mentioned steps will help you remove any member from the group chat-
- Look for the list of group chat members on the right side of the windows.
- Find the member you want to remove from the group chat and right-click on their name.
- Click on Remove from group option you get after right-clicking.
How do you DM non-friends on Discord?
If you are on the same server with a person you want to DM, but they are not added to your friend’s list, here is a list of steps you can follow and learn how to message someone on Discord-
- Select the symbol that resembles two figures standing together. Please scroll down to the person you’d like to talk with and tap on their name.
- Click on the Message option.
- Enter your Message and click on send.
If you don’t have this choice, it’s most likely due to the user’s privacy settings, as previously mentioned. In that case, you can initiate texting by sending them a friend request.
Can you only Dm friends on Discord?
Before you begin, keep in mind that some users’ DM settings might be set to “Friends Only,” which means you won’t be able to contact them unless they’re on your friend’s list.
Discord provides yet another tool for sending DMs to those who aren’t your friends. If you’re on the same server as someone else, you should contact them. Allow direct messages from server members should be allowed.