Let us know about “How To Clear The Cache In Kodi”. Media center software is really a very amazing place to store, organize, and watch your videos and other content. Kodi is one of the very best platforms. Which is basically used for streaming video, audio, and music from set-top boxes or many Android devices to televisions and home theaters.
Kodi also has a terrific view, a huge section of add-ons and plugins, and also a quick and easy setup method. So it’s nothing to be shocked that so many people have already moved all their watching list into the Kodi interface.
If you are a long-term user of Kodi , you may also have noticed your streaming speed which has grown slow and stutters during regular use. With so much use of it from a long period, it’s not that much surprising that Kodi basically features slowdowns and buffering. Where many playback problems can also occur from network instability. Or maybe because of some typical buffering slowdowns, the platform becomes too low to use reliably generally. When this scenario occurs, it may be the perfect time to empty the cache.
How do I free up space on my Kodi box?
Also Kodi doesn’t have a direct option to clear the cache, but you can also perform this action on your Firestick. It is more easy and also straightforward to clear the cache.
To clear the cache on your Firestick, you will have to follow these given steps:
- You will have to navigate over and then you will have to press “Settings” which is at the top of the Firestick home screen.
- You will have to select “Applications.”
- Then, you will need to press “Manage Installed Applications.”
- Select “Kodi.”
- And then, select “Clear Cache.”
- After that, you should confirm the cache-clearing action.
If you have already noticed that you are facing trouble with slowdowns on your Firestick or Kodi is not working right, then simply performing the above steps can also help you in clearing up the problems which you are facing.
But never forget that buffering and streaming issues which can also come from network issues. So, if you’re still facing some streaming issues even after clearing the cache, then you should check your router along with modem settings, or you can also contact your ISP regarding network speed.
At last, you should always remember that streaming from some Kodi repositories can also be unpredictable or unstable, so you will have to always make sure that you are using safe and legal repositories.
What does clearing cache actually do?
The cache should also be cleared regularly for many different reasons. Usually depending on your settings, the cache can also grow quite large and can be able to use a lot of disk space on your computer system. And that can also happen even if you don’t visit some pages again. Some more information which is basically saved in the cache, and it makes your computer slower. Your computer will be browsing the web. And deleting the cache data can also help you in troubleshooting, which also helps to increase the loading time of web pages and also increases the performance of your computer.
If the browser is unable to load the new version of the site, even if there have been changes on the site, the cache can also cause some issues regarding the view. The website may also look like it has not been completely loaded or it is incorrectly formatted. Maybe you are already surprised why a website is showing outdated contents, even when it has been updated.
Most of the time data, which is basically stored in the cache, and which usually prohibits loading of some updated contents. When you are going to delete the stored cache data, the new version can also be restored. In most of the website related issues, the cache is the base of all evil. That is the reason because your web developer/web designer or IT-Support may first ask you about clearing the cache before investigating more.
How do I clear my cache all at once?
- By deleting the browser cache by using a shortcut.
The fastest way to delete the cache data in Google Chrome is the option “Clear Browser cache”. You can easily access this function by using the following shortcut:
- By pressing the keys Ctrl, shift and del.. But make sure you will press all the keys at once.
- After that, a new window will display: which is named as “Clear Browser cache”
- Here you can also select which is at the upper dropdown-menu, for a specific time period which you want to delete the cache data. You can also select between “last hour”, “last day”, “last week”, “last four weeks” or “all”.
- If you want to remove all cache data, you will have to select “all”.
- You should check the box which is at the front of “Images and Files in Cache”.
- Then you can easily submit your selection by simply clicking the “Delete Browser data” Button.
- Then you can easily reload your site.
- By clearing browser cache manually
If you don’t want to use the keyboard shortcut to perform this function “Clear Browser data” then you can easily access it manually:
- First of all, click on the “Menu” which is at the upper right corner of Google Chrome and then open the Browser setting. You can also recognise the menu by using the three stacked dots.
- After that, you can select the option “more tools”.
- In the next step you will have to press “Delete Browser data”.
- Now you will have to follow the steps from the description above and then you should select the specific time period.
Is it safe to clear the cache?
It is not bad to clear your cached data now or anytime. Some may also call this data as “junk files,” which basically means it just sits and spreads up on your device. Clearing the cache will help you in keeping your things clean, but don’t depend on it like a solid method for making new space.
Clearing out cache would not save a ton of space at once but it can also add up some space. These caches of data are usually just junk files, and they can be safely deleted to free up some storage space. By selecting the specific app which you want, and after that the Storage tab and, at last the Clear Cache button to trash it out.
In most of the browsers, the options for clearing the cache and clearing cookies are at the same place—but they do not mean the same thing. Your cache usually stores files which are downloaded from the different websites in the form of fonts, images, and these types of things. And clearing your cache will not affect any of this.
Dump photos that are already backed up
And one of the best features of Google’s Photos app is its quality of backup of your entire photo library to your online Google account. When your pictures are safely backed up, and photos can also have any locally stored images to free up more space.
- First of all, you will need to open the Photos app
- Then you should click the three-line menu button which is at the top left corner of the screen
- Then you will have to click Free up space
And then the photos app will let you know how many pictures it can delete from local storage and how much space it will save for you. And at last click OK to pull the trigger.