Discord is a very recent famous communicating app. Many of us are also very interested to know how to clear a Discord chat. Because in this communicative application, sometimes many unimportant messages are overloaded on the chatbox. But, in reality, there is no easy method to clear the Discord chat or delete many of the chats once at a time. Although, you dont have to worry about that. Because maybe not an easy method, but there have methods to clear the Discord chat. In today’s article, we are going to talk about that. Although clearing chat on Discord can be done using two methods, either manually or using the bot.
How to Clear a Discord Chat Manually
Although, it is a boring and long way process to deleting the Discord chats. But it is also beneficial as it gives you the access to do not delete the important chats from your server and delete only the unimportant ones. Thus, it is a flexible way to deleting Discord chats. So, maybe it is a longer process, but basically, it is a useful one.
You can delete your chat manually by holding the shift button and click on a message. Holding shift is helps you not to bore by popping up the confirmation box in every deleting time. Now let’s follow the method below to know how to clear Discord chats.
- First, open the Discord app and navigate to the channel where you want to clear your chat.
- Then, hold down the ‘Shift’ button and hover over every message you want to delete each time.
- Next, click on the red trash can button to delete the messages.
So, by following the steps, every time, the confirmation box will not come and your deleted message just vanished by clicking the trash icon. If you are thinking about using this method to clear your Discord chart, it is best to start from the top message. As when the top message is deleted, the following message is taking up the place. So, you dont have to move the cursor again & again and can click the trash can on the same row. That will save you time to clear the chat process.
How to Clear a Discord Chat by using the Bot
Clear your Discord chat by using a bot is most easier than the manual process. Basically, many Discord bots are very common to use in Discord servers for the purpose of many tasks. But first, to use the bots, you have to add the bot on your Discord server. And you are able to add a bot on the Discord server if you are the Administrator of the server or you have the Manage Server permissions role for the server. If you do not belong to any of these on the server, you cannot add a bot to your server and can not clear the chat using a bot. Any Discord bot can be used to clear your chat, but the most used bot is the Mee6 Discord bot. Now follow the method given below to check that you have permission to add the bot or not.
- First, select the discord server where you want to add the Discord bot.
- Then, from the right-hand side menu bar, select the ‘Server Settings’ option.
- After that, select the ‘Role’ option and find out which option is a toggle on – ‘Administer’ or the ‘Manage Server.’
As a result, if you see neither option is a toggle on, that means you dont have the permission to add a bot on the server. If you want to add a bot, you have to talk to the server administrator and request them. But if any of the options is a toggle on, that means you are able to add any bot on the server. So, if you have the permission, follow the next point.
How to add Bot on Discord Server
In this process, we will show you how to add the Mee6 bot to the Discord server. As it is the most usable one, and not only to clear Discord chat also help to other works easily done within the Discord server. To add the Mee6 bot, follow the steps given below.
- First, go to the Mee6 site by opening it from your browser. To go to the site, follow the https://mee6.xyz
- When the page is open, select the ‘Add to bot’ option from the site.
- After that, authorize the Mee6 bot on your channel by putting the email address and password of the channel.
- Then, select the server where you want to clear the chat.
- Now, authorize the Mee6 bot on that server.
- After authorization, again go to the Mee6 site.
- Then on the right-hand corner, select the same server (if you did not do it previously). Then click on the ‘Moderator’ option and then select the ‘Yes’ option.
- Again, go back to your server and type ‘!clear’, ‘!Clear10’, or ‘!Clear100’ or whatever else you want.
You can also use the bot to clear some individual chats if they did message something offended. To do that on your server, type ‘!clear @NAME 100.’ In the ‘NAME’ section, give the person’s name and use this command to delete 100 messages from the person’s chatbox. You can also delete a different number of chats by changing the command number value.
As we already say, other bots also have the ability to clear the chat. And another bot that is also used for this purpose is CleanChat. To add a CleanChat bot on your server, use the same process.
Another Method to Clear Discord Chat
Besides the manual method and using the bot, there is also have another method to clear the chat from Discord. It is the cloning and closing process. If you are not very satisfied with the bot one and also not want to do the method manually, then you can use this method. In this method, you have to clone the server from which you clear the chat and shut down the original server. You can do this also manually or again by using the bot.
Manually clone a Discord server by following the given method.
- First, open the server on the Discor you want to clone.
- Then right-click on it and select the ‘Clone’ option.
- Rename the clone server if you want.
- Now delete the original one.
To use a bot for cloning your server, you can use the ServerCloner on GitHub or the Cloner. They are the best, and there is also another one you will find. They will automatically clone your server.
So, overall from all these three methods using a bot is the most preferable and quickest one. Although, it can only delete the message from the last 14 days. But still, it is the quickest and not irritating method.
Questions Asked by You
A. How do you delete all messages on discord?
Delete all your message mean clear your chat. So clear the chat manually by following the guide given above and clear the chat using the bot also given above. And by the manual and bot process, you are only able to clear the message that is not private. If you want to delete a private message, then follow the step given below.
- Go to the server and right-click on the user’s name to whom you send the private message. Then select the ‘Message’ option.
- Then, on the message panel left-hand side and hover over the conversion, and then click on the ‘X’ option that is pop-up.
That’s it. It will delete your private messages.
B. How do I delete chat history?
To delete the chat history, follow the method given below.
- First, go to your chat room, and then, from the site, select the chat room tool.
- Now, click on the option – ‘Zoom.’
- Now click on the ‘Click history’ option from the room.
- After that, to completely clear the chat history from the room, click on the ‘Delete’ option.
C. Does deleting a discord conversation delete it for everyone?
Yes, it deletes for everyone on the chat. But if you delete the chat on a private chat or private server, or group chat, it will totally remove from the Discord server.
D. How do you quickly delete discord DMs?
To delete the discord, DMs follow the steps given below.
- First, go into the Discord DM section.
- Then, press up for one time to select your recent message.
- After that, to active, the editor again press up.
- Next, in the DM field, press ‘Ctrl+A’ to select all the text.
- Now, press the ‘Backspace’ button to delete all the selected text.
- And, at last, to confirm the delete click on the ‘Confirm’ button.