How to clean a PS4 console on both the exterior and the interior
To avoid overheating and eventual hardware failure,cleaning a PS4 should be done regularly.
If your PS4 has been noisier than average, the dust has likely accumulated inside, making the cooling fan’s job more difficult.
Remember that you should also clean the PS4 and the area where it sits so that it doesn’t accumulate dust again when you put it back in place when cleaning a gaming console.
It’s worth noting that opening the case of PS4 console voids the warranty; however, since the standard warranty only lasts a year, you’re unlikely to need to clean the console while it’s still protected.
If your PlayStation 4 has been increasingly quieter in recent days, it is most likely due to dust buildup within the console.
This means the fan is overworking, and the PS4 is likely overheating, placing it at risk of hardware failure.
Don’t put off cleaning your hardware, mainly if it’s older than a year and therefore no longer covered by the manufacturer’s standard “Limited Warranty.” If your PS4 is still under warranty, keep in mind that the internal cleaning procedure we’re about to describe will void it.
To properly clean a PS4, you will need:
- A clean, dry microfiber cloth.
- A T9 screwdriver.
- A small Phillips screwdriver.
- A can of compressed air.
- A cotton swab (Q-tip)
Before we get into how to clean a PS4, keep in mind that cleaning a PS4 controller is as simple as blowing off some dust with compressed air and then wiping it down with a microfiber cloth. Using a cloth gently dampened with a 50:50 mixture of water and isopropyl alcohol if the controller is already clearly dirty.
The PS4 Slim, as its name implies, is 40 percent smaller and weighs less than the initial PS4 model. The style is identical, so it isn’t an utter departure and still belongs to the PlayStation 4 family of devices.
It’s important to open up your PS4 and clean it in order to keep the fan running at its best, which stops your system from overheating or, worse, shutting down under stress. You must clean PS4 slim on a regular basis if you want it to work at its best.
How to clean a PS4 console
- Turn off the console and unplug all of the cords and cables.
- Using compressed air, blow the dust off the unit and wipe down the exterior with a dry microfiber cloth.
- Remove the back stickers, then use your T9 screwdriver to remove the screws.
- Slide the case off, then use brief bursts of air to blow dust out of the exposed interior. Ensuring that the can is held upright.
- Remove the T9 and Phillips screws holding the power supply in place, then gently raise it out, set it aside, and be careful not to disconnect the power supply cable.
- Put the cotton swab between the fan’s blades to immobilize it (forced spinning will damage the hardware), and use compressed air to blow dust up through and away from the fan in short bursts.
- Return to gaming after replacing the power unit and its screws and the case and its screws.
How do I clean the dust out of my PS4?
If your PS4 needs to be cleaned, follow this guide, and your PS4 will be dust-free in no time. There are a few things you’ll need to clean your PS4. If you have mighty lungs, we suggest getting a can of compressed air and a clean microfiber cloth. You can get rid of any specks of dust that might be remaining on your console with the aid of these things.
- Remove all cords from the console to gain access to all of the nooks and crannies. Place your PS4 on a flat, clean surface.
- Take a can of compressed air and spray a short blast of air across the console’s middle indent. Rep this procedure on both the front-facing USB ports and the backside USB ports. To clear any buildup on the top of your PS4, fire a continuous burst of compressed air across it.
- Wipe the glossy side of your console with a lightweight microfiber rag. Be sure to do it from the left side to avoid dust getting into the light sensor. Rep on the flat side of the console, but this time wipe towards the right. Fold your microfiber cloth in half so that the clean side faces out, and gently wipe the PS4’s middle indent.
- Before putting your PS4 back in its position, dust the area where it will be sitting. Wipe away any remaining fingerprints, and your console is now clean and dust-free.
- If you take your PS4 apart to clean the insides, the console’s warranty will be voided. Just be careful not to drive dust more profound into the PS4 by dusting the units outside. If you believe the console’s insides are particularly dusty and dirty, you should contact PlayStation for assistance.
What is the easiest way to clean the inside of a PS4?
All you have to do is use compressed air and blow tiny bursts of air into the room. To stop ice formation, don’t shake the compressed air can before or during use.
If that happens, it won’t be the end of the planet, but it won’t be good for electronics either. You can prevent this by using short bursts of air as I did. Now that the power supply is clean, we can move on to cleaning the fan. One method is to use cotton swabs to clean each blade individually, while another method is to use a Hoover or vacuum to suck out all the dust. – one of them uses cotton swabs to clean and blade individually like so another is using a Hoover or vacuum to suck off all the dust. You can also use a brush to brush off all the dirt or even use compressed air; choose either of these methods that you feel more comfortable with going on to the heat sinks as described; there’s no point in using a clean fan if your heat sinks are dirty.
Ps4 cleaning kit
This one-of-a-kind Controller ‘n’ System Cleaning Kit comes with 12 antibacterial wipes, a non-abrasive microfiber cloth, and a cleaning spray to keep your controllers and systems safe and clear of dirt and fingerprints.
Can you clean a PS4 without taking it apart?
You can clean a PS4 without disassembling it in the same way you can shower without taking off your clothing. It is never mandatory to take apart PS4 to get it cleaned.
Is it good to clean your PS4?
It’s essential to open up your PS4 and clean it to keep the fan running at its best, which stops your system from overheating or, worse, shutting down under stress. You must clean your PS4 regularly if you want it to work at its best.
If your PS4 is running slowly, you can “clean up” its file system to make it run faster. Files may become fragmented over time, and they can need to be cleaned up on occasion. If you’ve ever done “defragging” on a computer, you’ll know what I’m talking about.