Xiaomi’s new budget smartphone Redmi 2 is the 2nd version of Redmi 1S. The Redmi 1s was the great hit by Xiaomi as a budget smartphone and was able to create buzz in the market. Now with the Redmi 2 company is looking forward to compete with all the devices that come in mid-range budget. The Redmi 2 has remarkable features in comparing to the price it offers. The Xiaomi Redmi 2 got a 4.7inch screen with 720×1280 pixels resolution. This phone is powered by 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor along with 1GB of RAM. There is an 8MP of camera on the back side and a 2MP of camera at the front.
The price of this phone is just amazing, it is available for Rs.6, 999 INR and available on Flipkart. However, if you bought this phone and want to root Xiaomi Redmi 2 then you are at right place. By rooting your phone you can enjoy the freedom of custom ROM’s which allows you to modify and use your phone in a way you want. There are also some other advantages of rooting. So in this post I will show you how to installtec custom recovery and then how you can root Xiaomi Redmi 2. Install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Android One Phone
Note- Rooting or Installing Custom recovery is a risky process. Any wrong step is enough to brick your phone. Please don’t hold me and Tech Tricks Club responsible if anything wrong happened in your phone.
- There is no chance of loosing data, but to be on the safe I recommend you to create a backup of all your important data.
- Make sure that there is at least of 70% charge on your phone.
To root our phone we need to install or flash a custom recovery. So let’s first check out how to Flash CMW Custom Recovery on Redmi 2.
How to Install CMW Custom Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 2
When it comes to custom recovery, then CMW comes in the mind first. It is a very popular and trustworthy recovery option for all Android users. So follow the below steps correctly, to install or flash CMW custom recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 2.
- First of all download adb and fastboot tool and CMW.img file.
- Now enable USB debugging mode on your phone. To do so we need to enable Developer mode. Go to setting> About phone>Software information and tap continuously on the build number until you get a message saying “ You are Now a Developer”. Now go back to the setting, then developer option and enable USB debugging mode.
- Once done, extract the adb and fastboot file on your PC which you downloaded in Step Now extract the Recovery file and copy the recovery.img to the folder where you extracted the adb file.
- Root Micromax XL2 A109
- Turn off your phone and boot it into fastboot mode. To do so press and hold the Volume Down and Power button for some seconds. Then connect your phone to the PC.
- Once done, go to the folder where you have saved the fastboot. Now hold the shift button and right click on the blank space. Now from the options, select “Open command window here”.
- Root Xiaomi Redmi 1s Without PC
- A command window will appear. Now copy and paste the below command and hit enter button.
- Then enter the second command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now again copy the below command and press enter button.
- Now your phone will reboot automatically. Now you are done! You have successfully flashed the CMW recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi 2.
- Easy way to Root and Unroot Xiaomi Mi 4
After installing and flashing the CMW custom recovery, this time to root Xiaomi Redmi 2.
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 2
Now follow the below steps to to root new Redmi 2 smartphone.
- First of all download SuperSU.zip file on your computer.
- Now transfer that file to your phone’s storage via USB cable.
- Turn off your phone and boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power Button for some seconds.
- Root Nokia X and Install Google Play Store
- On the recover screen, select “Install from Zip” and navigate to the location where you saved the SuperSu.zip file in the step-2.
- Select that file and wait until the installation complete.
- Once done, reboot your phone and viola! Your Xiaomi Redmi 2 is now rooted.
- Unlock Bootloader and Root Micromax Yu Yureka
Rooting is the best thing you can do with your Android phone. Rooting gives us the root access of a device which allows us to use our phone in the way we want.
So this was my article on how to install CMW Custom Recovery on Redmi 2 and how to root Xiaomi Redmi 2. If you are facing any problem while following the process that mentioned above, then do let me know in your comments. I will surely solve them.
If you found this post helpful and worth sharing then please share this post with your friends and family 🙂